1. a bell and spigot connection in which the hub or bell depth is several pipe diameters long. 2. specialty fitting used only in a vertical line of waste or soil installations.
1. an automatic device for regulating temperature by opening, or closing, the damper of a heating furnace, regulating supply of gas, or the like. Also for actuating fire or low temperature alarms, for controlling automatic sprinklers or fire doors, etc. Thermostats utilize either the differential expansion of solids, liquids, or gases subjected to heat or […]
1. the opening in an orifice cap, orifice spud or other device, whereby the flow of gas is limited and through which the gas is discharged. 2. a given opening in a fitting allowing a given amount of gas, or liquid, to pass through based on a given pressure.
1. diffused matter suspended in the air and impairing its transparency. 2. a substance in a gaseous state as distinguished from a liquid or solid state. 3. a gaseous substance that is at a temperature below its critical temperature and therefore liquifiable by pressure alone.
partial or complete interruption of fuel flow in an internal combustion engine caused by the formation vapor bubbles, or gas, in the fuel feeding system.
1. the changing of the organic matter in sewage from an insoluble state to a soluble state, and effecting a reduction in its solid contents. 2. act, or process, of making, or becoming, liquid by heat, or of a gas into a liquid by cold or pressure.
a solder for aluminum.